MOONLIT/SUNLIT RAW EDGE APPLIQUE WORKSHOP
From October 09, 2018 9:00 am until October 09, 2018 3:00 pm Save to calendar
MOONLIT/SUNLIT RAW EDGE APPLIQUE/WORKSHOP ( class taught by Valerie Funk)
- An original design by Valerie Funk
- Class Fee is $35 and includes applique pattern
- October 9, 2018 from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Class consists of instruction on the raw edge applique technique
- No sewing machine needed during class but you will need a machine once you take your project home. Instruction will include cutting and assembling the applique pieces and fusing them in place.
- A special demonstration at the beginning of the class will be conducted by Wabash Valley Fabrics on using the new Brother Scan & CutDX machine to cut applique pieces effortlessly, accurately, and in a fraction of the time.
- Class participants will have the option of cutting some of their applique pieces using the Scan N Cut DX cutter for a small fee
- With a finished size of only 20 W X 16 H it's likely you will finish the fusing process during class and you will be ready to add stitching once you take your project home.
- Class discussion will include fabrics, pattern, and color coordination. You will have plenty of time to shop for the perfect fabrics.
1 fat quarter (18x22 inch) square for the background sky
1 fat quarter (18x22) for the large tree
9x22 strip for the large body of water
9x22 strip for the foreground
5x22 strip for the background hills
3x22 strip for the background reflection
5x9 scrap for the moon / sun reflection
8x4 scrap for the island
8x8 scrap of two colors for the small island trees
5x5 scrap for the moon / sun
Fabric Glue Stick
Ultra Fine Point Sharpie
Ruler, Rotary Cutter, cutting Mat, Scissors, Tiny scissors, pressing mat
Heat N Bond 2 yards
To register call Wabash Valley Fabrics (812) 232-0727 e-mail: email@example.com
Contact: Valerie Funk 812 917 3455 Or 641 414 4879 (mobile)
For more information contact Wabash Valley Fabrics at 812-232-0727 or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org